Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I look to my left. The same placid picture that was there two minutes ago still plasters the mosaic. Maybe it will change if I check in another two.

Right. Same response. Oh wait no! Somebody new came along...never mind. She just changed clothes.

I look down. Back up. 

Slightly back down again. The wax has grown shorter. Not surprising. But still there's hope. 

"What? Oh yes...another glass please."

Hmmm....same bitter taste. Good year though. Haven't seen 1920's in awhile. Oh...gone again already. 

"Waiter! Oh you left the bottle? How kind of you."

Then something hard hits my head...

Someone taps my shoulder. The restaurant is closing. I look down. Back up. 

Slightly back down. Look at that, stained table cloth with an empty glass next to it. Some klutz must have knocked it over. Oh wait...drool marks. I'm the klutz. He says there's no need to pay for tonight. Another kind gentleman.Unlike so many.

He didn't come. How could he? He was probably busy. But then again...no he wasn't. He even said he wasn't. That's why he could come tonight. Or should have anyway.

Muffled sound. "Yes please..."

Into a car. Slight motion sickness. Up the driveway. Handing the stranger my key. 

Up the stairs.

Falling.

Covers are pulled over me. "Thank you sir."
Hmmm...treated like another human being. One species helping their own. Like it should be.

Where did all the people like him go? 








No comments:

Post a Comment